Saturday, July 3, 2010

How To: Lauren Conrad



I got inspired by list look from Lauren's birthday look on The Hills. Her look was typical of what has been trending since the fall season: simple face and eyes, with a stand-out lip color. Although it seems rather BAM and you may not think you can pull it off, you may be surprised. With just the right products you'll have this look in a matter of minutes - seriously!




I really do believe that this look can be achieved super quickly. When I try to do my eyes up with lots of color, it can take a while to really exaggerate my look. But with this look, all I need to do are my basics and just jump in the car with my lipstick, which I can apply in the mirror anywhere and anytime!




Face (these are basics that I would use no matter what look I'm trying to achieve)




Concealer - Prescriptives Camouflage Cream


Primer - Smashbox Photo FinishFoundation - Bare Escentuals bareMinerals


Bronzer - NARS in Laguna


I don't think you need blush in this look; you don't want to look like a clown. And if you want to accentuate your cheekbones, try using a little extra bronzer on the apples of your cheeks.




Eyes (the goal here is to look natural)


Primer - Laura Mercier Eye Basics


Eyeshadow - MAC's Ricepaper (it's a neutral base)


Top Liner - Maybelline's Lineworks (liquid liner used to make a winged line will look the sharpest)


Bottom Liner - Prescriptives Softlining Pencil


Mascara - Clinique High Definition Lashes; Sephora Brand Lash






Lips (here come the dramatics)


Lipstick - NARS Sephora Flame (semi matte deep red brown)


Lipgloss - Cargo blu_ray High Definition Timestrip Lip Gloss in Laredo (shimmering nude)




Lauren's birthday look is really a simple one that is accentuated by your choice of lip color. Just remember to keep the eyes simple if you're going for dramatic lips; use a neutral gloss on your lips if you're going to accentuate your eyes. It's simple! And hopefully, unlike Lauren, you need not worry about waterproofing in case you cry on your birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment